Why do I hate it so much? Was I taught badly? Was I lazy? Is it just the way I’m made? I don’t know, but I’m deeply resentful of the time I spent doing maths when I could have been reading books, playing counter strike; or preparing my history assignment. But I hate maths with a passion and if it were possible to commit hate crime against Integration and Differentiation, I would do so. Here, are 5 things I hate most about Maths.
1. With maths, you’re either right or you’re wrong. You can’t argue your way out of an incorrect answer. This is something I rely upon to get through life.
2. Numbers cannot make you laugh. Unless you put 58008 into a calculator and turn it upside down to make ‘BOOBS’.
3. Maths teachers seemed angrier than all others. Including Physics teacher and I was rubbish in that too.
4. Numbers cannot make you cry. Well, they can if your ATM receipt isn’t what you expected, but maths is so … clinical.
5. There seems to be no middle ground with maths. You’re either a maths person or you’re not. It’s unwelcoming. Exclusive. It doesn’t reach out.